Friday, March 2, 2007


Ever been the one to just feel entitled to the right to tell any and everybody off, dare I say put them in their place? Once upon a time that was the story of my life. God proved some thing to me today, yet again. I was at work and I followed the proper steps in getting in touch with another employee since the telephones where down. When she eventually reached me she was extremely rude and I wanted to put her in her place instantly but something stopped me. It was right there at the tip of my tongue but it didn't come out.


So she came looking for me a Little while later introducing herself as the one that I had paged and then she was still confrontational, explaining the routine and that I should never had overhead paged her. hmmmm I explained to her that I had been trying to reach her for at least 2 hours, I had to do what I had to do for my clients. Then she realized she was wrong and apologised about it and I let it go. She came looking for me again begging me to forgive her and I told her I already let it go. Something was reinforced for me this day, that I should not feel like I have to defend myself all the time, I learned to just shake things off, and I also learned from that woman that when you do know you have wronged someone, you are a bigger person when you ask for forgiveness and ask for it profusely no matter who it is.

Encouraging words:
The entirety of Ps. 37 when you need some uplifting


Ps.37-1 Do not fret because of evil men or be envious of those who do wrong 3 Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture 8 Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret—it leads only to evil. 23 If the LORD delights in a man's way, he makes his steps firm; 24 though he stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand.

No comments: