Saturday, August 30, 2008

Faith and Fear


Reminder from God
"I have promised that for every day you live the strength shall be given. Do not fear"

The Lord promises to give me enough strength for each day, even during those times that I am weak and discouraged, during those times that I have to make decisions and I'm in doubt, questioning if its a "me thing" i.e my emotions or a "God thing", only because my greatest desire in life is that Gods will prevails in my life above all else. But I've learned to give it just a little more time because my God is never late, He is indeed always on time.

My God has not given me the spirit of fear, but of love, power and a sound mind. I have learned not to be afraid for the Lord is always with me

My next embarkment is marriage, lol do I know enough, do I really know what I'm getting into, I evaluate the good and the bad and I'm giving it all to God, I've been told by so many that you think you know who you are dating, but you dont really know until you get to live with them, this makes me a little apprehensive, but I love him so dearly and I just cant help but also think about all the good times we're going to have together.

I'm a realist, may be there are times that I over analyze just a little, but who wouldnt lol, this is marriage we are talking about, I see people going in all goo-goo eyed and not seeing things for what they really are, however, there are times it takes the joy out of things.
Ok, now I've figured something out, perhaps,my past hunts me a little, I'm compensating for the times I didnt pay attention and I call that wisdom, I also work hard on making sure its not fear because there was once upon a time when I was so free and so trusting and believing and I got burned really bad, I have come a mighty long way and I'm so grateful to the Almighty, because of that I'm learning to continue to submit eveything to God.

My wedding is not going to be in the traditional way due to some constraints of going back and forth from here and back home, there are certain things that if I had my way, I definitely will not go that route, but there are really no other options on going about it, I do desire the final destination, its just getting used to the idea of how we going to have to get there. I just have to trust God as mine will not be the way most people get to experience theirs, so its not like I can look at how others did theres and learn from it, so it is indeed a big step of faith.

A friend of mine once told me,in some decisions, you exercise faith because everything may not be clear in the very beginning, in those places God uses to transform us and lets us grow..... God is the author and finisher of my faith, in Him I trust. His word tells me not to trust in any man because mans heart is evil, but in my life I learn not to trust mankind alone but to trust mankind through God only because I am precious in His eyes, therefore He protects me in all of my ways and all of my days

No comments: