Sunday, August 31, 2008

Speak God's word,think God's Word, and do God's Word


Phil 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

This is one of my favorite verses and frankly I haven't thought about it in a while. As I was having some thoughts, the Holy spirit I would like to beleive reminded me of this verse, just at the time when I was not thing noble, lovely or thinking of good reports. I have made this a prayer point before that the Holy spirit would remind me of Gods word just when I need it. Now today, I feel a lot of relief, because my "Can do" spirit is back, by following the verse above. I see the world in a different light. To top it off I ran into the verse below while looking for Phil 4:8

Phil 4:6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus

Gods peace really surpasses all understanding, its a place I like to dwell and always wish could last forever, although life tries to take it away sometimes with its hustle and bustle, I'm forever grateful for those special moments I have shared in it.

2 comments:

lamikayty said...

true! 2 of my favorite verses...Gods word is a cleanser! Gods word is a vitaliser!
thanks 4stoppn by my blog...! all the best as you step into that wonderful world of marriage!

NewLife said...

I agree and thanks so much for your best wishes. Please come again, thanks for stopping by