Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Anxiety about the "do" on wedding night


E ma gba mi o.(somebody save me from myself) I really cant believe I am genuinely anxious about doing the do on my wedding night. I'm getting married in just a couple of weeks, yes I'm excited about it, but this underlying "thing" dare I say fear is still underneath. To make it more ridiculous, I'm not a virgin, wish I was but that's another story, I've been abstinent though, practicing secondary virginity, maybe thats just what its all about.

Is this normal?, I think its about the expectation that sex is going to happen or is supposed to happen. Ive never really heard this discussed, I can expect it from a virgin but...me? anyways I told one of my closest friends and she couldnt believe it either. Now I just wonder...I pray this is not some kind of underlying issue o lol. I'm not nervous about getting married within itself but this other "koko" is quickly approaching and I find my heart beating fast...

I love him dearly lol I tried to hint my "Mr" but I guess he didnt take me too seriously. I just left it alone so I dont ruin his night for him.

CONFESSION
To blogville, I have since willingly,"good wifeyingly" so generously encouraged a family member to come over from out of town and stay the night, the night of the wedding,we leave for the honey moon the next day LOL well that took some pressure off, till the next day @ least, yes I know, thats awful, but we'll see what happens
(photobucket picture)

11 comments:

9ja's OT said...

yeap that would happen to anybody and everybody. the stigma that after your wedding night even people that tot you were a virgin NOW KNOW YOU ARE NO MORE!!! would kind of affect you too. LOL

Good luck and dont worry other people just dont express their feelings like you are doing. read about my friend's own on my page "weekend"

Anonymous said...

Aww... your fear is only normal!Am sure if you just relax, it will be all good. You could talk to him about your fears when you find a comfortable moment, I bet he'll understand. Just take it easy... your wedding night may not be perfect but you have many opportunities to make up

ps: please do tell when it happens!lol
xoxo

NewLife said...

@ 9ja's ot, thanks I actually felt better after reading "weekend". Theres less fear now and a little more excitement, I'm working through it

@ Talesandtallies thanks so much, its funny because he tried hard during our courtship not to cross the line in sexual jokes, but oh boy! he has turned it on big time this past week, that made me scared for my life LOL so I'll just wait and see

Thanks for stopping by ya'll

olusimeon said...

i've not been there o ..but i think the lil anxiety is normal..just dont dwell on it..it will come and it will go..and you'll be like..so wot was tickling me...relax and maximize the moment o...
and you hav not told us the date ..how are we supposed to deliver our cyber wedding gifts...?
it is well..

Jennifer A. said...

Being anxious about the "do" on the wedding night. That's pretty normal, virgin or not. Sure you really want a family friend to spend the night? Talk to ur hubby abt this first, ok?

I'm excited for you...in a couple of weeks, you'll be a wifey. May God bless your marriage in Jesus Name, Amen.

Jennifer A. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yankeenaijababe said...

Aww congrats on your upcoming wedding. This is my first time on your blog. Sounds interesting so far and we love weddings so much in blog world. Don't worry about the weddingnight thingy, the thing is you are your hubby are already comfortable with each other. Don't even think about it.I added you to my bloglist. Will be back later tonite.

Anonymous said...

congrats !!!

NewLife said...

@ Simeone LOL "tickling" , thanks I'm much more relaxed about the whole idea now, I really have no choice, I'm getting married in 5days!!! thats on Friday the 7th :)

@ Jaycee thanks lol its actually his family memeber thats spending the night, my part is that I really encouraged it, afterall we have a lifetime together lol. Thank u so much for your prayers and ditto(wink)count down... less than a week for me, you?

@ Yankeenaijababe thank you, I'm really excited now... since its so near, I've been concentrating more on getting all the last minute things done.thank you for adding me, I'm off to your page

@ afunto thank youuu and please dont be strangers ya'll (somebody please get me out of the south lol)

Blessed Child said...

Congrats on your up and coming wedding...
I'm sure the way you feel is a natural occurence.I know of a couple who were so nervous on their wedding night that they literally almost got on their knees to pray before doing the deed for the first time...lol...I had a good laugh when I heard that.I suppose you should just try and relax...and enjoy it on the night...(blessed child **smiling smugly**).

On another note,I love your blog,it's an inspiration...I thank God for you...

NewLife said...

@ blessed child LOL at the couple people should write funny books about this stuff. Thanks for stopping by. You blessed me,and I thank God for you.Please come again