Sunday, September 28, 2008

What will be my Legacy?


from http://www.billygraham.org/RBG_biography.asp

my second post for the day but still....

I was drawn to return to Ruth Bell Grahams (Billy Grahams wife) page today, I think its becasue I recalled her effortless beauty,I read her biography and then I looked at her photos, I watched as she aged beautifully through the years in those pictures, I was touched about how wonderful she was especially how she was with her husband, she made me think.. I want to be like that. With her death I was reminded this life is nothing but a vapor.
I looked at the life she had in her photos, with friends and with family, did she know? was she aware? that all this was but just a moment in time. I think she did from reading her poems. On one of the pictures on the memorial site was a picture of Reagan and his wife, captured in a moment in time, it made me remember the sad look on Reagans wife's Nancy's face when the one she loved was gone, the compassion with which she parted his coffin.

Then I wonder, why do I worry? why do I fuss? will all that really matter in the end. And then I remember no matter what life may bring, "whatever my lot, my Lord as taught me to say it is well with my soul"

When all is said and done, what then will my family say,would I have been that back bone that they needed, my fiance maybe at the time my husband, my children, my friends, strangers, would I have treated them gently, be more patient with them, showed them the love of Christ that is burning within me. Would I have completed my purpose, be totally selfless, putting others needs above mine, loving unconditionally, not getting worked up with the little things, giving enough grace to others when they wrong me. What would be my legacy?

7 comments:

olusimeon said...

really nice...this is stuff thats always at the back of my mind..the real things in life are not highlighted anymore..Lord have mercy..

flabby said...

i totally agree with the sex and everything thing..i think people set their standards lower so that (they think)..the arent as dissapointed!

NewLife said...

@ Simeone thanks, life as it is today just seems so fictional, there are times I think I'm in denial and I have to jolt myself back to reality, it is what it is, thanks for stopping by

@flabby lol "they think they aren't as disappointed" that is all so true. Thabk you and please come again

Anonymous said...

Newlife,
I know what I want my legacy to be. I want it inscribed on my coffin =
This is where Temite lays, she lived with a ferocious passion and she was useful to the world.

And I want everyone at the funeral to agree. So if you are still here when I am gone (hopefully not soon) I hope even you can say this.

NewLife said...

@ Temite nice, you got it, thank you for coming by

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

wow, your title got me thinking. I have never ever thought about it. Not sure if I want to now. Ah, see what you caused? You have me thinking, just when I was going to take a break. lol!

Thanks for sharing this insightful piece.

NewLife said...

Hi SOLOMONSYDELLE thank you lol but I really hope it still got you thinking