Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I'm over it




Marriage is challenging

My emotions are raw and all over the place
I am aware that they are just that and the emotions will change
For now i am really upset
We have not been talking, about the deep stuff like we should,
Frankly I'm tired of being the one bringing such things up
The only time that I get to hear what bothers him is when I bring up something that bothers me
For now hubby said hes just going to live his life (words are powerful, very powerful)
and I replied- I will just live mine then and we see where it goes
well on that note
the couch is my bed tonight. I really don't care about the consequences right about now!


UPDATE:
Hubby and I resolved the issue, found out that I misunderstood his statement. I know that was really silly to sleep on the couch, I did it just that once. I realized that I was reflecting the frustrations I had with my mother on my hubby. I found myself reliving the bad experiences I had growing up with my mother who is visiting with us at this time. I thought I had forgiven her, but there were triggers that I just could not shake off. Anyways I will continue to work through those issues. I thought about deleting the post but at the same time I decided not to. I don't want to create a false impression because no one is perfect, no marriage is perfect, you have to control your anger or your anger will control you. It is indeed a learning process :)

9 comments:

Jennifer A. said...

Marriage is hard. But someone needs to sacrifice and LOVE HARD...even when it hurts. Love is not always when you feel good about each other, Love is when you're angry inside but you forgive even before he asks.

Easier said than done, but something tells me you can LOVE hard...despite all. Don't sleep on the couch...:)

Chookz said...

Hope it gets better and it would. Keep enjoying the good stuff and talk about the not so good stuff in a calm and loving way.

God Bless

NewLife said...

thank you so much Jaycee. I took what you said and loved hard. Found out that it was a big misunderstanding with the statement that he made. No more sleeping on the couch. I know that was silly

@ Dabizniz
Thank you Dabizniz. Im holding on to what you said.

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

"you have to control your anger..."

those are sound words of advice for everyone, married or not. Glad you guys resolved the issue.

Hope all is well

Princess said...

Hey! Thanks for stopping by my blog. This is my first time here and it is encouraging to see someone who waited. I try to explain that to people and I pray God sends me a hubby that will value waiting as much as I do. Nothing better than knowing your union has been ordained by God!
For now I am living out my youth in 'single-ness' until God sends the one He kept for me that wants to wait as much as I do. By His grace all things are possible!

Yes, marriage is challenging but your foundation in God is strong and He will never send anything your way that you cannot handle. Plus communication is always the best! :)
Xxx

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hope things are better now!Happy new year

NewLife said...

@Solomon, Princess and Pink Satin

Thank you ladies, all is going really well, thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.