Tuesday, September 16, 2008

E mi na re Oluwa


I was lying down on my couch reminiscing and thinking about my future, suddenly this song broke out in my spirit

E mi na re... Oluwa
E mi na re...Oluwa
Mo wa dupe ore amodun mo odun (blessings adding from years to years)
mo wa dupe ore amosu mo osu (blessings adding from months to months)
mo wa dupe ore igba gbo gbo (this part of the song was the ultimate reminder of His numerous blessings at all times)
emi na re... Oluwa

some of the yoruba words may not be spelled correctly but hey I tried..lol

Well, I'm thankful for having a God that never fails me,and the One that is always there. Grad school is hectic, it could be a little unravelling at times, I've been just a little discouraged about my grades the past couple of days, playing with a couple of "what ifs" in my mind. I just really want better grades I know who doesnt right? :D but I resolve to remembering Gods word and studying even harder. Anybody reading please pray for me o . I'm just maxed out now with school, work and more school but I have a dream... and I am not through yet with God on my side. The bible says FEAR NOT!

HEBREWS 13:6 NRSV
6 So we can say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will
not be afraid. What can anyone do to me?"

ISAIAH 41:10 NIV
10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I
am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold
you with my righteous right hand.

Isaiah 41:10 were the words I needed to hear today and this from today's word by Joel Osteen...

Believing in God and trusting Him is easy when everything is going well, and there doesn’t seem to be anything bothering you. But to truly declare God’s goodness even when trials and confusion surround you is really trusting God. God is so good to you, He wants you to grow, mature, and learn from so many different situations.

So even when things don’t make sense, keep a positive attitude knowing that God has your best interests at heart. You don’t always have to figure it out on your own, or go around living with a chip on your shoulder toward life. You can choose to trust God in everything, and live freely experiencing His blessing in your life!

Be blessed today and always

8 comments:

Ade Adeyemi said...

...wow, its been a tough week, needed those words... encouraging... thanks!

Anonymous said...

hmmm, dont know what song that is...but I hope that the words meant some encouragement

first time here, how are you?

NewLife said...

@ Ade, I hope you week is better now, you are welcome and thanking you for stopping by.

@Kinshar,its a Nigerian (yoruba) song about an appreciation for God it helped me refocus. I am good, thanks for asking and thank you for stopping by.

NikkiSab said...

1st time here and I like.
I completely feel u wen u say God never fails u. Sometimes i try to do tins by myself and d min i just say "Father pleas I need u, can u help me......" Tins just fall into place. He is a wonderful, kind and loving God.

NewLife said...

@ Nikkisab-I totally agree with you, I wish we could just remember the one to call on all the time in our times of need. Thank you for stopping by please come again

Anonymous said...

dont worry about me knowing if the spellings are correct because I am just learning them....pele


how you dey?


needed to come again......LOL

NewLife said...

@ Kinshar thanks for showing me love I'm blushing, I'm doing very well thank you, you know I wasnt sure you were naija lol at my first response to you. I'm off to your page

Ruky Helen said...

Thanks for sharing needed the right lyrics of the song in my praise session in church today