Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sex and everything else but...




1 Timothy 4
The Great Apostasy

1 Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, 2 speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron, 3 forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. 4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving; 5 for it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

I wasnt quite prepared for this reality as I read the Word this morning, it just hit me smack dab in the face. As the world is changing, we can already follow its events written in the bible. I thank God for saving my life and my soul. Once upon a time I bought into "the lie" about marriage, beauty, sexuality. It saddens me when I watch some of the world around me buy into it as well. I watched Oprah and her views on marriage, then I watched as Halle berry followed suit, "defining" marriage between her and her baby daddy, it is all ludicrous. I agree people have been hurt, at the same time truth does not change. People define happiness yet you find them committing suicide, committing murder and you wonder what went wrong.

Moving in together, oh thats the in thing, it shows you are committed I guess, its a lie, its deception, its not cool and its selling yourself short. Why is it that people choose to settle for the lower standard, it saddens me a great deal when I hear this. People have stopped going to church, they have stopped hearing the Word, and they wonder why things are the way that they are. The Word of God is the radar that leads us on the right path

Nudity, our bodies are the temple of the Holy spirit, shouldnt we be leaving more to the imagination, but it is not so, and the sad thing is, people have stopped telling the truth to one another, things get sugar coated and they tell you what you are doing is ok, its not! wrong is wrong! and the truth is they may say its ok,but they leave this part out that its ok as long as you are not their sister, mother or wife, go figure! Yet some really just dont care, it makes you wonder, what moral standard are they operating under?, no wonder rape, murder, infidelity etc are rampant

Religion/spirituality, its now cool to explore new age, buddha, islam, christainity etc as advocated by hollywood, its the "in" thing it shows you are grounded I guess, but it is all falsehood, it makes no sence,you cannot serve two masters period! regardless of what the mini gods in hollywood promote,just like I heard in a Nigerian saying, too many hands cant't go in the pot, because it ruins the food.
The last couple of times I was at Barnes and Nobles, I sat down for a while, and it happened to be across from where "the new age"/ "palm reading" stuff were and I was shocked each time, it just made it all so real, people really really really believe in this stuff, the number of people that came to pick up books in that section compared to other sections flawed me.

As for me, Christ has been good to me, He is the only way, He continues to open my eyes and I am eternally grateful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I first read the scripture I thought about my life as a vegetarian. I stopped eating meat because it was "bad". Tried to get those around me to stop eating it for those reasons. Shared videos with them on how the animals were slaughtered. But, according to this scripture, God created animals for us to enjoy. As long as we pray over it.

I eat poultry and seafood maybe twice a week. I've learned that, though, nothing is wrong with meat, my body has difficulty digesting it. So, it's not so much as claiming meat (beef and pork) as a bad thing, it just isn't for me. And the meat that I do consume, I don't go overboard with it.

I hear where you are coming from with everything else. Kind of goes along with what we learned today in church.

olusimeon said...

all you have said is actually going on..its up to us to touch the lives we can o..cos the bible has said "in the last days darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people"..so when see/hear these terrible things i'm surprised at first, then..

NewLife said...

@ jewells, I appreciate your honesty, I was like that with certain foods too now I've just learned that "moderation" is the key. Thanks :D

@ Simeone (baba 70) lol, thats it, we just have to touch the lives that we can and pray for the rest as people once prayed and are still praying for me. E se o :D