Monday, September 8, 2008

Lonliness and emptiness


My home was full this summer, and frankly I thought I couldnt wait till it emptied out, I'm not experienced at hosting I guess. It took a lot out of me,especially since it was my parents too, I had to reverence them . I've been gone from home for about 10years now and just so used to having my space to myself.

Anyways the space was tight, the demands were high and there were times that I had just had it, there were times I was cranky. Now I look back and wonder what that was all about, I wish I had a little one to litter my space, get on my nerves, parents to give their unsolicited advice about life and situations. I forgot what lonliness felt like, I had adapted so well over the years, I dont even how to deal with it now, life seems so empty but it goes on. I'm happy everyone got back home safely. thank God.

I was just thinking just how so easy it is to take the ones you care about for granted, there were times I was so overwhelmed with what was going on in my life to appreciate them being around. Not until I got back to the house after dropping them off at the airport and the silence was deafening driving me to tears. I was just so used to coming back to someone at home, little princess playing hide and seek. Time flew by and the silence I so longed for, now I cant stand...

But I'll be ok, I just appreciate family a little better now

4 comments:

olusimeon said...

i did experience this some weeks ago when my siblings left..the house was just quiet..and the funny thing was , i always had to shout at them when they were around...it does take situations like that to appreciate ur family the way you should.bluss you

NewLife said...

Hey Simeon, its good to know that someone relates, thanks for stopping by again, I appreciate that...

Jennifer A. said...

Awwww...

The little important lessons we can learn from such a visit...

NewLife said...

Jaycee it was really a lesson well learned. Your blogs are quite inspirational thanks for stopping by.